Presently only three Handloom Training centres are running in District Kishtwar, where Training to unemployed youth especially women folk is being imparted in weaving trade for a period of one year and the stipend @ Rs 500 per month per candidate is being paid.
After providing training to the youth they are being covered under cooperative fold by registering the cooperative societies of these passed out trainees as well as traditional weavers for their income /employment generation as there are number of welfare schemes available with the department under which hey are being benefited. The Department has registered 8 Handloom cooperative Societies, out of these, 5 are in functional position.
Functioning of Department
The detail of the welfare schemes is given as under:-
- Loan for looms:- The loan for purchase /modernization of looms is to be provided to the weaver through cooperative societies on 50% subsidy.
- Share capital Loan:- The department also provides the share capital Loan to the Industrial Cooperative societies for purchase of Raw material.
- Education scheme:-The girl students of the weavers from 1st to 5th primary are being provided scholarship amounting to the Rs.200-500 yearly .
- Health Insurance Scheme:-The weaver are covered under Health Insurance scheme with ICICI Lombard only with the premium of RS.50.00 annually .In the case of their illness the company shall pay up to RS 15000.00 for their treatment.
- Mahatma Gandhi Bunker Bima Yojana:-The weavers are covered under MGBBY with L.I.C (P&G) of India with the premium of Rs. 80.00 annually .Under this scheme all types of risks are covered and also the students of the beneficiaries reading in classes 09th to 12th are being provided scholarship of Rs 300.00 on quarterly basis.
- Credit plan Scheme:- The weavers are being provided loan facility from different Banks under Credit plan scheme to establish their own Cutting and Tailoring units. The department provides 10% interest subsidy on bank Loan.
- PM Weaver Mudra Scheme:- Cash Credit limit maximum upto Rs 5.00 lakhs for working capital purpose @6% interest rate to the Handloom weaver.